Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Menu for the Week

I cannot seem to get into the habit of planning meals consistently.  Life is too hectic, which would suggest that I need to incorporate this habit into my routine to help simplify it; however, by the end of the week, I'm exhausted and just want to go to bed, not plan shopping lists and dinner menus.  I am a torn woman!

Seriously, though, it helps to have a plan, but lately I just have not have the discipline I need to practice this worthwhile sacrifice.  One thing every mother of small children is lacking is time, and I am no exception.  I am constantly washing clothes, dishes, carpet and tables, not to mention little fingers and faces.  It is difficult to remind myself that this is a short season of my life and that being lazy will not make me feel better or more rested.

I always appreciate the encouragement of my peers who are sacrificing sleep to care for their family and home as well, just so you know!


MONDAY
  • Lunch: SpaghettiOs and cottage cheese
  • Dinner: Ryan will not be home for dinner tonight, so the kids and I are joining a friend (whose hubby is out-of-town with my husband) for dinner and fellowship.
TUESDAY
  • Lunch: Lucky me, a dear friend is keeping the kids all morning and through lunch so I can do. whatever. I. want.  AWESOME. I have already got a one-hour massage scheduled at 11:30am.
  • Dinner: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and fresh veggies
WEDNESDAY
  • Lunch: Leftovers
  • Dinner: I have decided that from now on, Wednesday dinners need to be "one-pot meals" to decrease the amount of time and clean-up since Ryan is only home for about two hours each afternoon ... this week, I will be trying a recipe I found in the current issue of Runner's World: One-pot Penne with Turkey Meatballs
THURSDAY 
  • Lunch: PB&Js, carrot sticks
  • Dinner: Homemade pizza and grapes
    We have pizza every Thursday for our Family Movie Night, and we eat picnic style in our living room while we watch a movie together.
FRIDAY
  • Lunch: Leftovers
  • Dinner: Scrambled eggs and waffles
SATURDAY
  • Lunch: Quesadillas and refried black beans
  • Dinner: I am running my first half-marathon Sunday morning at 7:00am, which is one of the reasons for all the lovely carb-rich meals.  Tonight is no different as we enjoy a yummy pasta dish: Scallops and apples, except I'll be using cubes of chicken because scallops are expensive!

No comments: