Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SAHMs Don't Get Sick Days

Today, I am grateful for my health.  For the better part of three weeks, someone in my household has had a severe cold.  I have come to expect that with four children under the age of five!  In the midst of it all, I have not had to cope with much more than a sore throat and some mild congestion.  When you are a stay-at-home-mom, you do not get sick days, so this has been an immense blessing.

I have always been healthy and fairly resilient, and after a busy week with family for Thanksgiving, I am grateful that I have a strong immune system so that I can do my job.  I am grateful for more than just my own health, though.  I have four healthy children, too!  Yes, they get snotty noses and raspy coughs every so often, but those are all manageable.  God has abundantly blessed each of us, and it is my prayer that we use our good health to serve Him well in the years to come.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments: